Where This Activity Fits in the Curriculum:
This student investigation supports the study of special relativity.Alignment with Standards:
Teachers will come to know aspects of successful science teaching and will apply these to their classroom settings.Teachers will:
- Participate in active investigation that involves interpreting results and making sense of findings.
- Be introduced to technological resources that expand their ability to access further knowledge.
Teachers will demonstrate critical aspects of accomplished science teaching.Teachers will:
- Select and adapt instructional resources, including technology to support student explorations of science.
- Develop in students the mental operations, habits of mind and attitudes that characterize the process of scientific inquiry.
Teachers and students will come to know the appropriate science inquiry and science content standards that are related to their classroom.Teachers and their students will:
- Come to know, by experience, the abilities necessary to do scientific inquiry.
- Use technology and mathematics to improve investigations and communications.
- Formulate and revise scientific explanations supported by logic and evidence.
- Use computer technology and the World Wide Web as a scientific tool to design, implement and communicate a solution and or process of a scientific problem.