|Let's Start||Mission||Project Page|
If you need help using Netscape or need a refresher course, you can use a tutorial.
LInC Netscape Basics has lots of helpful information about Netscape.
Netscape 2.0 Tutorial on the basics to get you started with Netscape Navigator, put together by the University of Illinois (highly recommended)
Microsoft's Internet Tutorial
If you need help finding information, you can use this introduction.
LInC Finding Information is a good starting point for a background on how to find information on the Internet.
Finding Information on the Internet is a tutorial from the University of California at Berkeley. Check out the section on Using Search Engines. . . .
Choosing the best search engine for your needs suggests a search engine to match the type of information you need.
The following URLs are some starting points for different aspects of your project.
- Chicago Yahoo: provides links about Chicago.
- Yahoo State Governments: provides links to U.S. state governments.
- Yahoo Metro Areas by State: provides links about U.S. metropolitan areas.
- International WWW Schools Registry: has lists of both national and international schools.
- The Global Schoolhouse: search for schools connected to the Internet.
- Yahoo Public High Schools: provides lists of U.S. high schools.
- Yahoo International High Schools: provides lists of international high schools.
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA): You can find out about legislation, monitoring, regulations, news, data and other information.
- Office of Air and Radiation: This site discusses the ozone layer, acid rain, urban air, vehicles, visibility, etc. There is information about effects, amounts, problems, programs for prevention as well as links to publications and resources.
- Air and Radiation Division Region 5: This site is the local region of the EPA which covers Illinois and other Midwest states. It includes local resources and stories as well as other links.
- Envirofacts Warehouse: This site is a relational database that integrates data extracted monthly from five facility-based EPA program systems with data, maps and links. It explains what is necessary to access the information.
- State of Illinois Agencies: This site explains what the following state agencies do: Department of Natural Resources, Department of Nuclear Safety, Environmental Protection Agency, and the Pollution Control Board. It provides links, addresses, phone and fax numbers, as well as e-mail addresses for each agency.
- Illinois Pollution Control Board :
- Illinois Natural Resources Information Network (INRIN): The INRIN provides natural resource-related information to the citizens of Illinois. This includes information about environmental quality, education and laws in Illinois.
- Illinois EPA: This site provides more local information about regulations, publications, maps and data, as well as links to other sites.
- National Resources Defense Council (NRDC): The NRDC is a non-profit organization providing information on current environmental issues. You can find news, information, an online journal, technical materials on the environment, as well as links to other environmental sites.
- STAPPA and ALAPCO: State and Territorial Air Pollution Program Administrators and Association of Local Air Pollution Control Officials. You can find new references, links and possible contacts. Good place to link to state agencies that have data on air quality. ()
- Air Links: Provides links to agencies/organizations and topics related to air issues.
- GreenNet : The GreenNet is a global computer communications network for Environment, Peace, Human Rights and Development. It is an international organization primarily in Europe.
- Global Commons Institute: The Global Commons Institute is an international group. There is information about international effects of air pollution and possible solutions as well as links to other sites.
- Society of Environmental Journalists: You can find articles and news here. There is a search feature where you can search for concepts and keywords.
- Air Pollution Links: You can find links to lots of sites related to air quality.
- Indoor & Outdoor Air Pollution: This is a high school project supported by the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory about Indoor and Outdoor Air Pollution. There is background information, health effects, prevention, activities and other information.
- Air Pollution: Search the GeoCities site for links to other information.
Background and icons from http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/6603/index.html