Endangered Species: Images and Natural
Images:Image databases include thumbnail images which
link to larger images along with brief descriptions of
species. The clickable regional map shows which species are
threatened and endangered in each state.
Facts:Factsheets have information on species'
appearance, range, habitat and reason for threatened
Endangered Species Images
- Images from the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service Region
3. These images have been published in their recent
special newsletter on the reauthorization of the
Endangered Species Act.
- 8 Endangered Species Images
- This list of thumbnail images from Optilearn's
Endangered Species CD-ROM links to pages with
larger images and factsheets about these endangered
- ZooNet is an attempt to provide a single point of
entry to ALL ZOOS EVERYWHERE.
Zoo/NetVet Animal Image Collection
- NetVet & the Electronic Zoo originate from the
vivid imagination and late night web-surfing of Dr. Ken
Boschert, a Veterinarian at Washington University's
Division of Comparative Medicine, located in St. Louis,
- Clickable Regional Map
- This clickable map shows which species are threatened
and endangered in each state.
Species by State/Territory
- From the US Fish and Wildlife Service, this map of
the United States shows how many species have been listed
as endangered in each state and territory as of August
- Endangered Species
- With information originating mostly from the US Fish
and Wildlife Service and formatted by various
organizations, these texts on individual endangered
species describe the appearance, range, habitat,
reproduction, reasons for threatened or endangered
status, and efforts to preserve these species.
Species Management in the National Wildlife Refuge
- Information describing the history, refuges and
species of the National Wildlife Refuge System.
Species Earth Watch Radio Scripts
- Produced by the Sea Grant Institute and the Institute
for Environmental Studies (IES) at the University of
Wisconsin-Madison. The complete set of scripts is on the
EE-Link gopher in the "Facts and Data" directory.
- Other places look for more natural history
information on specific animals:
Efforts, a short list of organizations working on
endangered species, sorted by group.
Wildlife, and Zoo Animal Home Page of the
Zoo offers several hundred links.
Peretz, Thornridge High School in Dolton, Illinois
Engaged Learning Projects sponsored by
Fermi National Accelerator
Fermilab. Funded by the
North Central Regional
Technology in Education Consortium based at the
Central Regional Educational Laboratory (NCREL).
Created: July, 1997