Objective: Learn what it takes to make a healthy environment for fish and other fresh water inhabitants.
Let's set up an aquarium. A group of four is a good number for this project. Read the directions particularly for the filer system and look for more materials in the library. Record what you did in your journal. Report to the rest of the class and to Steve Leonard when the system is set up for the bass.
Materials You Will Need:
- Aquariums, one 30-gallon, one 10-gallon (may be larger if you have space)
- Biowheel filter system, extra filters and directions
- Aquarium gravel (washed)
- Rocks, plants etc. (some of these items could be collected from the creek area.)
- Nets, aquarium thermometer.
- Clean, empty gallon containers
- River habitat books and aquarium books
- Internets sites bookmarked for river habitat.