[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Links to Links - Project Page - Timeline/Assessments
Statement of Situation:
Project Timeline and Assessments:
Beginning Links for Project Information Summary:
Internet Tutorial, E-mail Help and Acceptable Use Policy:
- Critically Evaluating Information Checklist to detemine usefulness of information found on the Internet
- Net Search Tutorial - Basic skills to get you started on the Web
- The Net: User Guidelines and Netiquette
- HEP Search - This is a specific search for high-energy physics papers, etc. Type search title neutron therapy for example if you want any entered paper titles and bibliographies for neutron therapy.
- Fermilob Neutron Therapy Facility - An introduction to neutrons against cancer
- Online Physics Courses . . . a lot of info. If you can't find it in your text, look here.
- The Particle Adventure
- The "Standard Model"
- The Mad Scientist Network - A place to ask questions about phyiscs, medicine, biophysics, etc. and a variety of oddities and other ends as well e
- Yahoo Physics Search Engine
- American Cancer Society - You may find useful facts. I did not find much on the physics connection.
- CancerNet - This has a lot of info for cancer patients and professionals.
- Realizing the Promise of the Proton Beam - Proton therapy article
Beginning Links/Contacts for Experts:
- Dr. Arlene Lennox, - Fermilab's Neutron Cancer Therapy
- Dr. Drasko Jovanovic, Fermilab physicist, retired
- Ask Dr. Neutrino - A site to drop general questions about physics! This one is self-explanatory.
- Newton - a bulletin board through Argonne National Laboratory to drop questions and check answers in many categories.
- National Cancer Institute (1-800-4-CANCER) will answer specific questions about cancer and treatment. They can answer questions about specific cancer content questions, but should be used only when you can't find the information your self. They are designed to answer questions for cancer patients, but will answer our questions also.
Some others with low-energy radiation, etc. and the e-mails I sent out for grad student help
Links with Participating Schools:
- Global SchoolNet - http://www.gsn.org/ - Find K-8 schools online through links from Collaborative Projects
Created: July 23, 1996 - Last Updated: July 23, 1999