Internships for Italian Students
(INFN, DOE, SSSA, ISSNAF, CAIF)
Application Deadline Extended to March 31, 2014
Each year the Italian Istituto Nazionale di Fisica Nucleare (INFN), the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), Scuola Superiore (SSSA), the Italian Scientists And Scholars in North America Foundation (ISSNAF) and the Cultural Association of italians at Fermilab (CAIF) offer a number of nine-week summer research internships in science, engineering and technology for highly motivated Italian physics and engineering university students. In these comprehensive programs, students work with scientists or engineers on projects related to Fermilab's research program or in similar programs at similar U.S. institutions. They also attend career planning and numerous training/informational sessions.
- Weekly student stipend
- Shared housing
- Shared use of a rental car
- Transportation to join the program and return home or to school for students living outside the Fermilab area
- Students must be at least 21 years old.
- No requirement on nationality; non-Italian students may apply.
- Students must be physics or engineering majors.
- Participants must provide evidence of identity and eligibility to work in the U.S.
- Participants must have medical insurance while at Fermilab.
Check Key Dates.
- Complete the full nine-week program.
- Complete all Fermilab safety and computing requirements.
- Work safely in a responsible and professional manner.
- Attend all scheduled events including lectures, tours and group activities.
- Complete entrance and exit surveys.
- Give a final presentation to mentors and peers.
- Submit a research paper or PowerPoint presentation.
- Submit a research abstract in the required format.
Check out the students from
previous years and the 2012 Students.