LInC ACT: Student Direction Guiding Questions
Use these questions as you review projects for
ways to build in or refine the quality of student direction in
an engaged learning project.
- When students begin their project, do they wait for you
to begin the activity?
- Are the students brainstorming questions related to the
- Do students clearly understand what they are doing and
why they are doing it?
- Are the students determining a plan to follow to
accomplish the goal they have selected?
- Have the students chosen a format/tool to share their
product with an appropriate audience?
- Are the students able to select their own groups for
- Have resources been prepared to help the
students get started on their inquiry?
- Have the students seen the rubric that
will be used to assess their learning before they start
- Was a list of experts given to the
students to help them get the answers they need?
- Are checkpoints in place to make sure
that the students are progressing?
- Are checkpoints in place to make alert
the facilitator as to what the students “might need