Description of End Products for LInC
It is quite easy to put things off and that is why communication is a big part of your commitment to this course. In order to get the most out of your experience in this course, you should be sure to do the following:
- Participate, participate, participate!
- Make valuable use of the time spent with course chats or discussions.
See your course home page or contact your facilitators for the schedule.
- Contribute and respond thoughtfully to electronic discussion board postings.
- Communicate with your colleagues and facilitators through e-mail and mailing lists as needed.
- Honestly complete the pre- and post-evaluations as well as reflection activities during the course.
By the end of the course, you'll have created a final draft of the following:
- Project Proposal - your proposed project idea(s)
- Scenario Page - narrative description of your project in action
- Presentation Page - executive summary of your project
- Student Page(s) - pages your students will use to do the project
- Rubric/Assessment for Students - rubric to assess your students' work on the project
- Unit Description before LInC - what you did instead of this project before LInC
Staff Development Action Plan:
Your staff development plan is an "action plan" for disseminating and assessing what you have learned in this course about technology-supported engaged learning to other educators in your region.
Make sure your staff development action plan is something you will use, not a "shelf" plan. Be specific enough to cause real change, not temporary disorientation.
Your final grade in the course will be the total of your scores on the following rubrics. Check with your facilitators on the exact rubrics and percentages for your particular course. The following is an example:
Percentage (covered in project rubric) 10% 20% 35% (included in project rubric) 10% Participation
25% Total 100%
The final grade is based on a percentage weighting of the points in each area. Your facilitator will tell you what the actual breakdown of the percentages will be for your particular course. They will follow the guidelines below:
- The project (scenario, presentation and project rubrics) is worth 65% of the final grade.
- The staff development action plan is worth 10% of the final grade.
- Participation (postings to electronic discussion board, face-to-face discussions and/or online chats, reflections, and evaluations) is worth 25% of the final grade.