Winter 2001 LInC Reflections on Working as a Team
Participants were asked: How did you work as a team to complete the education and technology simulation?
- We used the questioning that we had looked at earlier.
- Each of us worked on a different angle, then we sent our data to one person.
- We met live in-person and had online chats as well.
- We had online chats during the evenings. That was helpful.
- Sharing the task was a relief. Some members did the research, some synthesized data, others worked on packaging and presenting the report.
How can you improve your group work process for when you start your project?
- Identify an outline: where we are, where we want to go, who will research each part.
- Lots of planning, being very organized is helpful in the EL atmosphere.
- Make sure you really like the topic you are working on.
- Know where we are going before we get there.
- Know your teams strengths and weaknesses.
- We could have brainstormed in the chat earlier.
- More collaboration and a division of labor.
This page was created from the discussion in the January 24, 2001 LInC Online course.