Living in the most advanced technological country in the world it is the goal of the Mahtomedi High School, parents teaching staff and District Office to prepare each student to be successful in life. As a urban school of St. Paul, Minnesota a large percentage of the of 850 students continue thier education at a four year college. Mahtomedi High School is committed to the future of it's students.
The teaching staff will be allowed to choose a instructional methodology to develop curriculum for students at MHS to experience success in the use of self directed distance learning. (see reading resources)
Have a meeting with the school districts technology coordinator, curriculum coordinator, staff development coordinator and building principal. This meeting will be used explain what will be expected of the participates and what support the school district will need to commit to for a successful environment. Based on resources available and time permitting this group of people will decide how long the staff development last. A demonstration of engaged learning using best technology will be presented. ie Fermilab LInC Online
We need the impact and support from;
- Technology Communication Committees from High School and District Office.
- Assist in setting goals.
- Assist in setting a time line.
- Commitment to further development upon meeting the first set of goals.
- A representative from each department.
- Each department must have the opportunity for input and participation.
- Understanding that not everyone is a "early adopters of change", it important not to force people to participate.
- Participates should get something back for their commitment risk and more work.
- This could be;
- New equipment
- Not a certificate
- Intranet and Internet connections
- Cluster of computers
- Digital camera
- Access to Fermilab LInC Online
Step 1. Administration coordination - two meetings
Step 2. Introduction/Informational meeting - one half day of teachers in service. Anyone who wants to come a see what the possibilities could be are invited
Step 3. Meeting for forming teams and topics - after school.
Step 4. Software demonstration - after school. (what ever it takes)
Step 5. Team bi-weekly meetings - after school.
Administration Coordinators and participates will create goals and benchmarks.
Teams will meet bi-weekly and do self evaluations based on goals set using rubrics
Staff development leaders will meet with the school district office coordinators on a bi-monthly bases and review evaluations and progresson teams.