Rules for the classroom of Ms Wittig
So that you have a better understanding of where I stand
on discipline I am handing you
this important information. Please share it with your parents.
I Believe in Old Fashion Values. What does this mean?
* I believe that people should treat others the way that
they would like to be treated.
* I believe that open, honest, and polite communication
is a better way to resolve
problems and differences rather than threats of violence and back
Violence is not to be applauded, but shamed.
* I believe that respect is more a consideration or common
courtesy that is shown to
others rather than a fear developed toward that individual.
* I believe in the saying "Hard work pays off".
You usually get out what you put into
something; little effort, little return.
* I believe that the young have much to learn from those
who are older. There is wisdom
that comes from experience; and experience, my friend, grows as
we age. You may
have some experience, but I have more.
* I believe that education is a privilege and not a right.
If your education were of true
importance to you I would see this in your actions and not just
* I believe that one's personal life and one's professional
life should be separate entities;
as you are professional students, please leave your personal and
social life from
inhibiting your job as a student.
* I believe that each person is responsible for their own
actions; accept your failures as
well as your successes.
* I believe that when people are in a group each person
contributes to the success or
failure of that group.
* I believe in doing the right thing; even when all the
others insist on doing the wrong
thing. Have courage enough to make your own decisions.
Therefore my student, if I ask you to leave the classroom
it will be as a consequence for
violating one of these rules. A society is only as good as the
sum of its parts; and if
your part is affecting the society, that is our classroom, you
will need to be removed. I
can not allow the rest to suffer for the behavior of a few. This
does not always mean
that I am writing a suspension for you. It may mean that you need
time away from our
class until a calmer more productive environment can be attained.