I was born only four days after the first atomic bomb was exploded in the desert of New Mexico. I grew up in what is called the Atomic Age. I am asking you to take a special mission. Please read on.
You have been selected as a part of The Next Millennium committe. Your role will be to investigate and answer the question "what happened to the nuclear promise." If you accept this mission, please read the letter sent by a general to the president of the United States. Click here to go to the Invitation now.
In the first class you need to:
1. Read the letter (invitation link) written by a famous general.
2. Have a general discussion about content of the letter.
3. Record findings on the board.
4. Class will form into 5 research teams.
1. Each team needs to select a topic from list.
2. Organize the team.
3. Determine tasks that need to be done.
4. Decide how tasks will be assigned.
Third class you are fully set to investigate your topic:
1. Search for websites on the topic
2. Communicate with educational institutions and scientist (Ask Experts)
3. Communicate with other schools
4. The team will complete a thorough investigation of their topic
At the end of each week the 5 teams will join together in a general discussion all or part of a class period to discuss issues or problems they have in common.
Third week of project,
1. Teams develop a presentation for the class. (using technology like PowerPoint)
Nuclear powered vessels and vehicles
Nuclear Power and Utilities
Nuclear Weapon and Nuclear Fuels
Biodomes and Agriculture
General Nuclear Topics