NAME: _______________________________________ DATE: _____________ CLASS: ______________
HOME ENERGY AUDIT: ENERGY WORKSHEET
Directions: Answer the questions below in the space provided.
1. How are work and energy related?
2. Circle the situation from each of the choices below that illustrates the greater amount of work:
3. Explain how kinetic energy and potential energy vary as a girl swings on a playground swingset.
4. Identify the type of energy represented by the underlined word in each of the following:
5. For electrons to flow in order to power a television, there must be a complete _________________.
6. Energy is measured in units called _________________________.
7. Explain why a system that starts with 800 joules of energy, must have 800 joules even after several energy transformations.
8. Make a list of the top five ways you think you use electrical energy. Find out which one(s) really use the most.
Created for the NTEP II program on behalf of the National Renewable Energy Laboratory in Golden, Colorado.