Programs: Fermilab Prairie Plant Survey
Description: Be a field scientist along with Fermilab docents to help monitor prairie restoration. Learn scientific plant monitoring techniques while enjoying our beautiful prairie when you join this program. Open to the public, adult groups, families, scouts and more. Suggested age for this program is 10 and older. Participants will learn to identify prairie plants, map a prairie plot and track restoration progress just like the experts. Participants use the Education Office's website to enter data they collect.
Come once or come back two or three times a year. Keep an eye on this prairie for years to come. Be ready to hike and explore parts of our site that are not normally open to the public. Wear long pants and closed-toe shoes.
There is no charge for this program; we value your contribution to prairie science!
Look at the Calendar to see scheduled sessions.
- Sue Sheehan, Education
Fermilab, MS 777, P.O. Box 500, Batavia, IL 60510-0500
(630) 840-5058, email@example.com
- More Program Information
- 2006 Quadrat Data taken by volunteers.
- Schedule of Sessions
- 2007 Quadrat Data taken by volunteers.
- 2008 Quadrat Data taken by volunteers.
- 2009 Quadrat Data taken by volunteers.
- 2010 Quadrat Data taken by volunteers
- 2011 Quadrat Data taken by volunteers
- 2012 Quadrat Data taken by volunteers
- 2013 Quadrat Data taken by volunteers.