For Future Scientists - Unanswered Questions
For Students -
Accelerators & Detectors -
The Standard Model leaves many important questions unanswered:
- Why do three types of quarks and leptons of each charge exist?
- Can we understand the source and pattern of their masses?
- Will we discover more types of particles and forces at yet higher-energy accelerators?
- Are quarks and leptons really fundamental, or do they, too, have substructure?
- Why does the universe consist almost entirely of matter with scarcely any anti-matter?
- What particles form the dark matter in the universe?
- Questions such as these will lead future particle physicists to do experiments at new accelerators, seeking clues to their answers.
Web Maintainer: email@example.com
Last Update: February 25, 1997