VFP: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Q: Can I participate if I am graduating in May/June of the current year?
A: Yes, a limited number of placements can be made to "graduating seniors." See the VFP FAQ link below for more details.

Q: I don't have medical insurance. What do I do?
A: You must have medical insurance in order to participate in any of the internship programs at Fermilab. The Fermilab Users Office has more information on obtaining short-term medical insurance.

Q: Can I repeat as a VFP student?
A: Yes, you can have two years as a VFP intern.

Q: I don't have a Social Security number.
A: We will arrange for you to apply for a Social Security card after you arrive at Fermilab.

Q: What is my Fermilab ID number?
A: You will receive this number when you arrive at Fermilab.

Read the VFP FAQ on the DOE site.