- Also see: Search
Page with Links for Students
- The Learning Page- American Memory Collection http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/ndlpedu
- A framework and rational for use of primary sources and support
- Digital Classroom- National Archives http://www.nara.gov
- Reproducible primary documents, lesson plans, and cross-curricular
- Social Studies Resource List for Teachers http://www.ncsu.edu/midlink/cms.html
- Top of Page
- American Revolution/International Perspectives soc.history.war.us-revolution
- Aspects of the US Civil War (moderated) soc.history.war.us-civil-war
- The Vietnam War (moderated) soc.history.war.vietnam
- History and Events of World War II (moderated) soc.history.war.world-war-ii
- Social Studies and History Curriculum (K-12) k12.ed.soc-studies
- Veterans Usenet Group- students can send a letter or post
a question to this newsgroup.
- Top of Page
for Teaching the Technology
- Teacher Resource Room http://www.ncsu.edu/midlink/tch.wk.rm.htm
- Includes a variety of links providing further information.
Of special interest is:
- Copyright Guidelines: How to cite your sources (includes
form letters) http://www2.ncsu.edu/ncsu/cep/ligon/citing.html
- World Wide Web Page Evaluation Form http://www2.ncsu.edu/unity/lockers/project/midlinknc/tutorial/WWW.eval.html
- Search Engines http://www.ncsu.edu/midlink/teled98.htm#Begin
- Go to the Search Menu section to find tips on Where to begin,
search engines in general, search tips, and so on.
- Tutorial on Finding Information on the Internet
- This is an excellent tutorial ranging from
basics to advanced information for independent learners and for
teaching teachers as well as students. Also included are PowerPoint
presentations on topics that may be downloaded and used in the
classroom. A portion of the Table of Contents from this
- Introduction to the Internet, the WWW, and Netscape: Glossary
- Things to know before you begin searching: What are you really
searching? What is a search tool? How do they work? Types of
search tools for general Web searching.
- Searching the World Wide Web: Recommended strategies and
Search strategies not recommended.
- Meta-Search Engines: Power with Limitations
- How to analyze your topic before you begin
- How to choose the search tools you need: Recommended search
tools; Demonstrations; and detailed searching instructions.
- Top of Page
- Please take some time to complete
- Created for the Fermilab
LInC program sponsored by Fermi
National Accelerator Laboratory Education
Office and Friends
of Fermilab, and funded by United
States Department of Energy, Illinois
State Board of Education, North
Central Regional Technology in Education Consortium which
is operated by North Central
Regional Educational Laboratory (NCREL), and the National
Science Foundation. See our Site Map.
Caldwell, Jan Jungk
School: Carrollton High School,
Created: March 10, 1999 - Updated: May 1, 1999