let this happen to you!
Chemistry Safety Contract
The following is expected of each student who wishes to participate
laboratory experiments. There are no exceptions. Failure to follow
these request will
remove the student from lab.
1. Goggles and aprons are to be worn for the entire lab period
until students are asked
to take them off.
2. Absolutely no food, candy, gum, or beverage are allowed
in the room.
3. Students must work with assigned partners. Labs are not
social periods; they are work.
4. Open toed shoes and nylon type clothing are not to be worn
on lab day. Loose fitting
clothing with droopy sleeves or large
shirt tales hanging out are not recommended.
5. Long hair is to be tied back to prevent catching on fire
or contact with chemicals.
6. Student are to remain at their lab tables during lab; do
not leave Bunsen burners
unattended. Please refrain from placing
objects into the flame out of curiosity.
7. Students are expected to keep their working area clean
as they work and to clean
up before they may leave class.
8. Report any broken equipment to the instructor. Broken glass
is not to be used.
Take care of the equipment, we may not
get any more.
9. Report any accidents or chemical spills to your instructor
immediately. Chemicals on
the skin must be handled by the instructor.
Records must be kept of any accidents for
10. Playing around is NEVER allowed in laboratory!!! This
includes extraneous, loud
conversations. Talking too
much is one way to cause accidents and make mistakes during
Smaller infractions of these rules will be dealt with by detention
after school. Larger, or
more serious infractions will be dealt with by administration
and perhaps loss of placement
in the Chemistry classroom.
I have read and signed the safety contract for laboratory
and agree to follow the
guidelines. My signature below is my commitment to participate
in a safe manner within
the chemistry laboratory.
student signature date