Opportunities for Education and Outreach for Employees and Users
Fermilab employees, users, and students who share their time to support our programs are key to their success. Look and see where you can contribute and let us know. If you have ideas for education and outreach that are not listed here, email Spencer Pasero. If you are looking for ideas or materials, please contact Susan Dahl in the Teacher Resource Center. There are also links to resources on the Physicists page.
Each year the Fermilab Director presents the Director's Award for exceptional support to Fermilab's in K12 Education programs.
Help us get the science right
- Help with Teacher Workshops
- Help design and maintain exhibits and equipment - Ketevan Akhobadze
- Explain science and technology to our staff - Marge Bardeen
Advise/mentor teachers and students
- Summer Interns - Tanja Waltrip. View the Mentors Page.
- IMSA SIR Program and QuarkNet High School Students - Tanja Waltrip
- Serve as a co-PI for a visiting faculty research project in the VFP Program - Tanja Waltrip
- Equal Opportunity and Diversity Office students
Speak with classes and teacher groups
- Middle and High School Tours - Sue Sheehan
- College Tours - Maureen Hix
- Webelo Scout Engineering Badge (Engineer Volunteers) - Sue Sheehan
- Saturday Morning Physics: lecturing (Roger Dixon and Erik Ramberg) and guiding tours (Erik Ramberg)
Interact with the Public
Speak, do demos and help out at special events
- Family Open House -
- Science, Technology, Engineering, & Mathematics Career Expo - Susan Dahl
- Events at Schools: Science Fair Judge, Career Days, PTA STEM Activities, etc. - Susan Dahl