Volunteer Opportunities for Education and Outreach for Employees and Users
Volunteers are key to the success of our programs. Look and see where you can contribute and let us know. If you have ideas for volunteering that are not listed here, email Marge Bardeen. If you are looking for ideas or materials, please contact Susan Dahl in the Teacher Resource Center. There are also links to resources on the Physicists page.
Each year the Fermilab Director presents the Director's Award to an exceptional volunteer in K-12 Education programs.
Help us get the science right
- Help with Teacher Workshops
- Help design and maintain exhibits and equipment - Ketevan Akhobadze
- Explain science and technology to our staff - Marge Bardeen
Advise/mentor teachers and students
- Summer Interns - Carol Angarola. View the Mentors Page.
- IMSA SIR Program and QuarkNet High School Students - Carol Angarola
- Serve as a co-PI for a visiting faculty research project in the VFP Program - Carol Angarola
- Equal Opportunity and Diversity Office students
Speak with classes and teacher groups
- Middle and High School Tours - Sue Sheehan
- College Tours - Maureen Hix
- Webelo Scout Engineering Badge (Engineer Volunteers) - Sue Sheehan
- Saturday Morning Physics: lecturing (Roger Dixon and Erik Ramberg) and guiding tours (Erik Ramberg)
Interact with the Public
Speak, do demos and help out at special events
- Family Open House - Carol Angarola
- Science, Technology, Engineering, & Mathematics Career Expo - Susan Dahl
- Science Fair Judge - Maureen Hix