Life Science Instructional ResourcesWe center our life science programs around the prairie, a unique resource at Fermilab. The lab has a deep commitment to restoring the prairie, the original ecosystem in Illinois. The prairie provides a rich environment for student research projects. The following resources are also available to students using the Student Interface.
- Answer prairie research questions using SIMply Prairie and student plant population data (6-9)
- Databases: Birds - Butterflies - Frogs - Insects - Plants
- Video and slides from the Particles and Prairies videodisc (6-9)
- Prairie flora and fauna
- Create a prairie
- Chicago Area Prairie Plants (by Color)
- Information from the Fermilab website about Fermilab's Nature and Ecology