Physical Science/Physics Instructional Resources
A variety of instructional resources including activities and online information.
Education Office Activities and Online Information
- Phriendly Physics Program - Blog - collection of classroom activities, teacher workshops and field trip
- Fermilabyrinth - Web-based games and activities to develop an understanding of the Fermilab experiments and the ideas they explore.
- The Story of Fermilab Research - an overview of the ideas, tools and methods of Fermilab Research
- Fermilab: Discovering New Physics - Resources for teachers and students to learn about Fermilab research.
- How to Build a Cloud Chamber
- Superconductivity Activities: Effect of Temperature on Electrical Resistance - Teacher Notes, Lab (pdf)
How Do We Levitate a Train - Notes (pdf), Data (excel)
- TMP Resource Book (includes Top Quark Activity) - Overhead and data graphics for Top Quark Activity (pdf)
- Catching the Sun - activities related to neutrino physics
- Leo's Log Book - an example of a physicist's logbook
Other Online Information
- QUARKSUNBOUND the new Physics - physics questions, mass experiments, unifying structures & technology challenges (2001)
- Frontiers for Discovery - Fermilab's experiments in the Energy, Intensity and Cosmic Frontiers (2010)
- Neutrino Odyssey - the journey of discovery of nature's most elusive particle.
- Quantum Universe Publications - two websites and booklets on the big questions of particle physics (2004)
- Explain it in 60 Seconds - Symmetry Magazine - A joint Fermilab/SLAC publication on particle physics for the public.
- Pulse - accelerator science in medicine - particle physics' important contributions to medicine
- Interactive timeline of discoveries in particle physics